Is it possible to get customers before you have a product? How do you bring large corporations together and at the same time create new products in a startup like environment? Shira Abel discusses innovation and working with enterprises with Oren Goldschmidt, the President of Pivotus Ventures.
About Oren Goldschmidt
• Oren is a visionary technologist and innovation expert with twenty years' experience building technology companies and developing models for corporate innovation.
• He is President of Pivotus Ventures, a corporate innovation organization in the Bay Area. Pivotus brings financial institutions from different geographies together to create technologies that transform traditional banking business models by re-imagining how we interact with money and transact commerce.
• Before setting up Pivotus, Oren was a General Partner and Chief Strategy and Technology Officer at Frost Data Capital, a venture fund and incubator based in California enabling large-scale corporate innovation and transformation. He has also been a Chief Technology Officer at a number of technology start-ups including Vielife (later acquired by Cigna) and VisualDNA; he was founder and managing partner at Blueorange, a London-based incubator developing innovative strategies and delivering disruptive products for a series of new ventures in the UK.
• If you get it right and align incentives and create the value for everyone, you can build a powerful engine to drive innovation.
• There is an amazing amount of openness from the corporates if you can talk to them about innovation and how you're going to help them move forward.
• Bringing senior executives from an industry you’re trying to build a new product for is a good way to ensure you succeed.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), an inbound marketing and branding agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, AppsGeyser, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Creator of the Behavior Engineering Canvas. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives in Silicon Valley with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, a marketing agency specializing in design, branding, content and marketing automation – helping SaaS companies reduce their marketing debt. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com
Tags and Keywords: saas, enterprise, innovation
Facebook Status: Oren Goldschmidt, the President of Pivotus Ventures, joins @shiraabel on SaaS Insider to talk about innovation, building a new product for enterprises, and his successes and failures in building a startup.
Twitter Status: @shiraabel talks to Oren Goldschmidt about innovation, building a new product for enterprises, and his successes and failures in building a startup. #SaaSInsider @c-suiteradio