Why do marketing departments fail? What should your plan consist of? Where to start when evaluating a campaign? Shira Able and G Leavitt get into a discussion about effective marketing, building a successful company, the truth about direct mail and more.
About G Leavitt
• Gaydon Leavitt (or “G” as he is called), a marketing scientist, has helped over 1,000 businesses with their marketing strategy and execution in nearly 200 industries. G is devoted to helping organizations build marketing departments that produce profitable growth.
• The models and software that G has developed are unprecedented for small business. They produce growth and profit by creating alignment between an organization’s strategy, plan, management, advertising, and measurements for success. Gaydon combines a technologically-focused marketing approach with marketing strategies that have worked for hundreds of years.
• Most people don’t know what a marketing plan consists of or what it even is, but it’s necessary if you want to grow your business.
• The number one mistake people make is not segmenting the audience when they first start.
• Over 90% of the time marketing campaigns fail because of the strategy or the planning issue.
• Marketing teams must analyze results and figure out what works, but they need tools and dashboards in order to do that.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), an inbound marketing and branding agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, AppsGeyser, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Creator of the Behavior Engineering Canvas. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives in Silicon Valley with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, a marketing agency specializing in design, branding, content and marketing automation – helping SaaS companies reduce their marketing debt. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com
Tags and Keywords: saas, marketing, business
Facebook Status: @shiraable and G Leavitt get into a discussion about effective marketing, building a successful company, the truth about direct mail and more on #SaaSInsider. @c-suiteradio
Twitter Status: @shiraable and G Leavitt talk about building a successful marketing team and common misconceptions about strategizing and planning. Listen to #SaaSInsider on @c-suiteradio.