How to warm up the chill of cold conversations with your prospects? What phone habits increase your chances of booking the first meeting? Where do metrics come into play? Today Shira Abel and Marylou Tyler discuss the book Predictable Prospecting, cold calling, the biggest mistakes at the top of the funnel, and how to use marketing in sales to your advantage.
About Marylou Tyler
• Marylou Tyler is a sales process improvement expert, author, speaker, and as CEO of Strategic Pipeline, she has helped companies like Apple, Bose and UPS consistently grow revenue by increasing their sales pipelines.
• Marylou's passion is helping B2B sales professionals advance sales conversations from cold to qualified opportunities.
• Marylou also co-authored the #1 Bestseller Predictable Revenue (sold over 60,000 copies), and has included her latest prospecting and sales strategies learned from spending the last five years in the field with clients in her newest book, Predictable Prospecting.
• Never be afraid of testing in sales and marketing, set your ego aside.
• You have to work towards habit if you're in a business development role.
• Cold calling is not dead. It's the combination of the way you use it and how you apply it that is going to bring you the success you're looking for.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), an inbound marketing and branding agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, AppsGeyser, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Creator of the Behavior Engineering Canvas. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives in Silicon Valley with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, a marketing agency specializing in design, branding, content and marketing automation – helping SaaS companies reduce their marketing debt. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com