How can freemium be beneficial to your SaaS business? What is the best way to figure out pricing? Which size of business should you be selling to? Elie Khoury, the CEO of Woopra, talks to Shira Abel about starting his business in Lebanon and moving it to Silicon Valley, his challenges and successes along the way.
About Elie Khoury
• Elie Khoury is the co-founder and CEO of Woopra. An engineer by trade, CEO by profession, Elie built Woopra under the belief that data made accessible to everyone in the organization would empower all employees to make better-informed, data-driven decisions.
• He studied computer science at the Lebanese American University where he built the first generation of Woopra in 2007.
• In addition to Woopra, he co-founded YallaStartup, a non-profit organization established to foster entrepreneurship in the Middle East and North Africa.
• Freemium can help you get a head start on your user base, but get ready for challenges when you’re ready to monetize.
• Make sure to have enough support for your paid customers and learn to prioritize when it comes to different levels of paid subscriptions.
• Don’t get involved with selling to enterprise until you know you’re ready. If you know you want to sell to large businesses, start preparing everything early.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), a PR, marketing and design agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, an agency specializing in PR, design, branding, and marketing strategy – helping SaaS companies develop mindshare. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com
Tags and Keywords: saas business, data, freemium
Facebook Status: @shiraabel and @eliekhoury in this episode of #SaaSInsider discuss analytics, pricing, and freemiums when selling B2B. Tune in to find out how Woopra made it work.
Twitter Status: @shiraabel and @eliekhoury of Woopra in this episode of #SaaSInsider discuss analytics, pricing, and freemiums when selling B2B.