How do you increase conversion? How do you create an experimentation program? What are the most important aspects of building a site? Shira Abel discusses web design, copy, and research with a champion of conversion optimization and testing Peep Laja.
About Peep Laja
• Peep Laja is the Founder and Principal of CXL. He is from Estonia, but lives in Austin, TX (still spends summers in Europe to escape the Texas heat).
• He’s an entrepreneur and a conversion optimization champion. He’s passionate about driving change and growth through digital optimization.
• He was voted as #1 most influential conversion rate optimization expert in the world. He is devoted to growing the size and quality of the whole conversion optimization community. You can always rely on him for help, and to call bull****.
• It’s not about what’s happening on a competitor’s website and its data, it’s about your site and what your users think about it.
• When designing a website start with the user in mind, where they are coming from, what they are worried about.
• Copy plays a crucial role in conversion optimization
• The goal of any experiment is to change user behavior. You need to solve big problems when you're testing.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), an inbound marketing and branding agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, AppsGeyser, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Creator of the Behavior Engineering Canvas. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives in Silicon Valley with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, a marketing agency specializing in design, branding, content and marketing automation – helping SaaS companies reduce their marketing debt. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com