How do you enforce culture and set people up for success? How can you choose the right people to join your team? Can you make sure you have diversity? Shira Abel talks to David Cancel about having five successful exits, company culture, and the importance of building a startup around your customer.
About David Cancel
• David Cancel is a serial entrepreneur, podcast host (Seeking Wisdom) and angel investor/advisor.
• He is best known for creating hyper-growth products and product teams at companies such as Drift, HubSpot, Performable, Ghostery and Compete. David has been featured by media outlets such as The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Wired, and Fast Company, and has guest lectured on entrepreneurship at Harvard, Harvard Business School, MIT, MIT’s Sloan School of Management, Bentley, and other universities.
• His popular blog davidcancel.com has been read by 1M+ entrepreneurs, and his Twitter account @dcancel has 135k followers and is considered a “must-follow" account for entrepreneurs, executives and product people.
• You should questions yourself and have the centre of truth, because at the end of the day you need to accept the fact that you could be wrong. For a product - the customer is the truth. Internally - the people on the team are the truth.
• Firing is the #1 thing you should think about to enforce culture.
• When it comes to customers, it’s all about making business personal again and having those conversations.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), a PR, marketing and design agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, an agency specializing in PR, design, branding, and marketing strategy – helping SaaS companies develop mindshare. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com
Tags and Keywords: company culture, diversity, customer relations
Facebook Status: @shiraable talks to David Cancel about his great success with 5 exits. They discuss how to enforce a company culture and building a product around your customer in this week’s episode of #SaaSInsider.
Twitter Status: @shiraabel and @dcancel discuss how to enforce a company culture and building a product around your customer in this week’s episode of #SaaSInsider.