How do you make a transition from a job at a startup to an enterprise? How to help sales and marketing departments work together towards one common goal? Can you get sales fight for MQLs? Where do you start when trying to sell to an enterprise? Dave Ewart, the Head of Digital Marketing at Oracle, shares with Shira Abel his experience of working for an enterprise, developing a collaborative workspace, and driving innovation.
About Dave Ewart
• Hailing from the 50th state, Dave is a SaaS Tech Marketer with few known predators but highly allergic to: poor customer experiences, stodgy corporate marketing and inferior faux-cloud software solutions.
• Dave is a Full-funnel Marketing Exec and #Startup advisor with 20 yrs experience driving revenue and demand to scale SaaS companies from seed through acquisition & IPO. David has driven marketing teams and led demand generation for B2B brand leaders including: Tealeaf (acquired by IBM), SatMetrix, Saba, Loggly, Talkdesk and is currently Head of Digital Marketing for North America at Oracle.
• When Dave isn't busy creating demand, he’s likely running on the trails in Marin chasing after his two kids.
• In order to align sales and marketing departments your KPIs need to change to reflect your goals. It’s not about the number of leads and MQLs, it’s about starting conversations.
• Content is king of the internet, but queen is the content channel. You just need to find the right recipe.
• Hire for specific skills, but look beyond a resume: get to know your candidates, what they’re passionate about, their attitudes, and their ability to drive change.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), a PR, marketing and design agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, an agency specializing in PR, design, branding, and marketing strategy – helping SaaS companies develop mindshare. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com
Tags and Keywords: enterprise sales, marketing, MQL
Facebook Status: @shiraable and Dave Ewart discuss how to drive innovation at an enterprise, increasing the sales efficiency and modernization of marketing in this week’s episode of #SaaSInsider.
Twitter Status: @clickbyclick of Oracle talks to @shiraabel on #SaaSInsider about #marketing, making change, and demand generation.