How can you run a marketing department with 2 people and satisfy a sales team of 50? What are the 3 marketing categories you should know about? What goes into a Competitive Battlecard? In this week’s episode of SaaS Insider, Adam Stein, the founder of APS Marketing, and the host Shira Abel discuss product marketing, solving problems for customers, and getting a sales team to buy in.
About Adam Stein
• APS Marketing and Adam’s marketing leadership of more than 20 years both center on building underlying differentiated product messaging strategy, hands-on writing, and program development. These three ingredients scale category development and high performance content syndication. He’s undertaken marketing strategy and programs that strategically develop and deliver revenue at growth firms fortunate to expand into category leaders including MobileIron, Broadcom (Epigram), Cisco, Fortinet and Juniper. He helped build many of these award-winning marketing teams from day one by partnering with leading VCs including Accel, Benchmark, Foundation, Mohr Davidow, Norwest, Redpoint, Sequoia and Storm.
• Adam founded APS Marketing in 2015 to offer Product marketing as a Service for content creation, marketing planning and ROI program development. He focuses on client needs in Big Data, enterprise software, networking, security, semiconductors and mobility. Services APS Marketing offers include defining a measurable B2B Marketing strategy and industry-relevant content. The results deliver revenue-driven goals including sales & product marketing content creation and the implementation of global GTM programs.
• If there is a shift in your industry and you have to cannibalize one of your own products, do it before somebody else will.
• Product Marketing defines what your services are, their benefits for a customer, and how you’re better from your competitors. You need to make it easy for people to understand what problem you’re solving in order to make a sale.
• In order for your marketing strategy to work, all three marketing categories have to be aligned.
Please rate this podcast.
About Shira Abel
Shira Abel is the CEO and Lead Strategist at Hunter & Bard (http://www.hunterandbard.com), a PR, marketing and design agency. Clients include: Folloze, Totango, Cyara, Sarine Technologies, Pushbullet, AXA Tech, CloudEndure, Pitango VC, Allianz, and more. Creator and host of the SaaS Insider podcast. Mentor at 500 Startups. Former professor of Marketing for Startups at Tel Aviv-Jaffa Academic College. MBA from Kellogg School of Management. Loves family time, cooking, and traveling. Hates writing about herself in the third person. She lives with her husband, teen and tween sons and a very large Great Pyrenees.
If you would like to be interviewed on SaaS Insider - please contact Shira at the URL above.
The SaaS Insider podcast is brought to you by Hunter & Bard, an agency specializing in PR, design, branding, and marketing strategy – helping SaaS companies develop mindshare. It’s also a member of the C-Suite Radio Network. Check out Hunter & Bard today at http://hunterandbard.com
Tags and Keywords: product marketing, sales, software business
Facebook Status: Adam Stein and @shiraabel discuss product marketing and providing sales teams with the right tools on this week’s episode of #SaaSInsider. They talk about the right time to cannibalize your own product and defining what your benefits for a customer are.
Twitter Status: @apstein2 and @shiraabel discuss product marketing and providing sales teams with the right tools on this week’s episode of #SaaSInsider.